Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Place for Everyone

 In looking for news about an 'imminent' attack from the US on Syria, The 2 Spies found this story that really brings us a smile. The Israel Defense Forces have always made room for 'our own'. Gotta love it!  Enjoy!

(The story is from the IDF official blog~ a great resource for those who want information IDF Blog )
A new recruit to the IDF shares his personal message of overcoming challenges to serve the country.
“Every citizen in the State of Israel, no matter whether born with a disability or not, needs to to serve his country. Trust me, volunteers do as much as the soldiers recruited by law, and sometimes even more.

My name is Ben Levy, I was born with cerebral palsy and I’ll be 20 in a month. From a young age it was clear to me that I wanted to be a soldier. My dad is a policeman, and my brother is a paratrooper

At home, they always taught me to serve the country and to give of myself as much as I can. Two years ago, I got an exemption from the army, but my affair with the IDF had only just begun.

Last week, I enlisted in the IDF for a full two years of service.

So what’s my message? Give as much as you can, and don’t ever give up on yourself. If everyone says he can’t do it, there will be no one left to defend this country.

 I’m not different to anyone else here.”


6 comments:

  1. Ben,
    May Yahweh bless you 100 fold. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you Ben. May you be overtaken with His grace as you follow Him in your assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the most touching stories. Bless him Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!! G-D'S BLESSINGS UPON HIM:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Your post will appear soon.